Why Coeur D’Alene Is the Best place to Be This winter
Coeur D’Alene is one of the best places to visit and live during the Christmas season and here’s why:
- Beautiful winter landscapes
- Fun Christmas shows
- Beautifully lit homes
- Amazing family activities
- Fun Christmas traditions
Christmas shows and activities in the Coeur D’Alene
Coeur D’Alene during Christmas has many fun activities to offer including:
- Christmas slay ride through the forest
- skiing at the Silver Mountain Resort
- Live Neigh-tivity & Santa Visits at downtown Coeur D’Alene
- annual Christmas theater at the Kroc center
Best Coeur D’Alene Holiday Boat Ride
one of the best family Christmas shows is the Coeur D’Alene Resort’s Holiday Light Show because of its diverse set of sights and activities such as:
- On-board a holiday boat ride.
- 1.5 million decorated Christmas lights reflecting of the water.
- a visit Santa’s North Pole Toy Workshop with a live Santa that all the kids will love.
- The tallest floating Christmas tree in America.
The people of Coeur D’Alene and their love of Christmas
Their is no surprise why the townsfolk of Coeur D’Alene love Christmas so much and have over the years developed so many popular foods and recipes surrounding the holiday. Including our Mouthwatering Coeur D’Alene Christmas Sugar Almond Cookie Recipe you’re sure to enjoy these bite sized treats made popular by northern Idaho residents.
Sugar Almond CDA Christmas Cookie Recipe
Prep Time 30 min
Bake Time 8 minutes per batch
Oven Heat 350°
Amount per Batch 90 cookies
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup of sugar
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup butter softened
1 3-ounce package of cream cheese softened
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon almond extract
1 recipe powdered sugar icing
Small decorative candles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- mix the wet ingredients together in one bowl
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until dough consistency
- Put the dough into a cookie press
- Push the cookie dough out of the cookie press 2 inches apart onto an greased cookie sheet
- Put the cookie sheet into the oven for 8 to 10 minutes until the corners are firm but not brown
- Take the cookies out of the oven and put transfer the cookies onto a wire rack and let cool
Sugar Icing Recipe (Optional):
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
In one bowl stir together all ingredients if needed add 1 teaspoon milk until icing is the preferred consistency then drizzle over finished cookies.