Many times, an Idaho home-based business will need local permits in addition to state and federal licenses. You will need to apply for an Idaho business license, then occupational license that apply to your profession if applicable.

Some areas in Idaho have local signage regulations for installing a sign on your home’s exterior. Local zoning laws may require you to obtain a license to run the business from your home, often called a home occupation permit.

HOA Restrictions

Also, if you live in a community that is structured as an HOA (home owners association), there is probably restrictions in your HOA manual to read. If you are thinking about running a business from your home, it is no different from running one out of a formal office. All the same requirements apply to you, and maybe some additional concerning your home.